18 June, 2012

I confess...


Mistake

Mistakes are sometimes the sweet memories so as the accurate daily life inconspicuously passed by, no one reiterated in it and easy to forget without trying. Though some mistakes are also too much fun to happen once and deserved to repeat again and again, some of them kicked us out in the sorry feeling by casting down our soul and formed turmoil within us. Nevertheless, being a human who will know the path to escape such random incident? Life is too complicated to predict as for weal and woe linked together.

Let me share only one of our big mistakes that befell couple of years ago.

It was back then 2009, the 10 year’s hottest days of W.Bengal, when we travelled all the way from Mizoram along with my 3 months old firstborn son. To be honest, my wife and I have never known before that an infant like ours need to drink water apart from breast milk. Even though i couldn’t remember the Celsius degrees of temperature in figure but i should never ever forget that scorching heat we borne was indescribable. My son was never stopping crying all through, he needed something but we didn’t know that he’d like to drink water.  By calling a spade a spade, we gave him no water before attaining 6 months and after that we gave him one or two scoop of little spoon which was absolutely not sufficient either.

The mistake has been revealed when my little daughter drank half of a bottle of water in a day at the age of three months...thank God that he(my son) was not succumb to death with oral dehydration amidst of extreme temperature; that’s why we’re now asking him in every hour, “you like water, little kid?” repeatedly, heh. Then, thereafter we stopped reading the book ‘Kid’s Care’ for strongly suggesting absence of supplementary food before 6 months-but still we are enlightened by knowing  ‘generalization of context is more perilous than contextualization of general’. 

Telling lie, yes papa

After she experienced the extreme weather of Kolkata, my mother promised us of fitting AC at our residence and we could no longer wait for, being blessed with a new baby girl. Let me not tell in detailed; the then, we bought Split AC of Godrej Company; the company man came and installed it as soon as possible at the rate of more than Rs2000 for installation charge. Since the installation was not quite well, we’re still sweating even while switching on and we’re taken aback in those very circumstances. 

So, repeatedly I called the dealer to send his people and do re-installation, but before coming, they assured me a firmed conditioned that either I had to give a fresh bill of installation or they wouldn’t do it again. Henceforth, I knew very well that they were trying to cheat me meticulously as I was accustomed to these people’s behaviors for about years. Then I decided to overreach them back by following my first thought of which I felt a little regret later.  So, I took the phone, “Hello, who is speaking please” (Avinash) Ok, speaking from Baruipur again (yes sir, carry on) Ok, Mr Avinash, you told me that you can’t do re-installation anymore in a free of cost, correct? (Yes sir) Please listen to me Mr Avinash let me tell you one thing; actually Godrej Company is not my first choice, because some of my friends already told me that the company is too poor in Customer care.  I really prefer LG, Samsung or Voltas (yes), but only because of my uncle, who is working in this Godrej Company as Division Sales Manager, I came to you. (Ok) He insisted me to take Godrej and also promised me to solve any problems I have; so before calling my uncle I make this last call to you, ok that’s all.(wait, wait, wait where’s your uncle, now?) Mumbai. (Ok, please don’t call him, I’ll send Joseph to do re-installation and any other necessary things, ok) what about installation charge? (no need) Ok, ok bye.

Now, I need not to wait even half an hour after making a call at any case, but i do have a little regret for being a liar.

 Home coming T-Shirt.
My wife gave T-Shirt to my younger sister couple of years ago. My sister, after wearing sometime gave it to her friend cum student; again, the girl sold it to her neighbor. After two months, the parent of the girl, who bought T-Shirt agreed to send their daughter to help us, then the girl showed that shirt to my wife and said, “Do you like it, it’s a bit large for me?” Hu hui.





                `

2 comments:

  1. A saptawng lam pang ve thungin maw???? A tha hle mai.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caribou, thiam dan danin ka han ti ve pawp, a lan dana zuak ve pawp pawp ka ni a belhchian a dawl lo khawp ang.

    ReplyDelete